11.23.2007

Plastic and the Hoop

I absolutely love everything about this clip by Plastic Bertrand. Thanks hooping.org I especially love the skin tight, high waisted jeans and the hoop moves! I also love that despite the rows of back up dancers, only one of them is hooping to a hula hoop song! Come on Plastic show us your hoopy moves!



I was first introduced to the punkish grooves of Mr Bertrand in 1988, a grade 7 teacher dressed a few of the kids up with mohawks and lots of safety pins and made them bop around the stage, faliling their arms to "ca plane pour moi" which at that time I thought was called "Slap Bam Boom Wa". My first intro to French and Punk!

2 comments:

Philo said...

I know, it's great! Did you know ca plane pour moi is a cover, more or less, of Elton Motello's "Jet Boy Jet Girl" although Plastic changed te lyrics because the original was too risque? Motello's tells the story of a 15-year-old boy's sexual relationship with another guy, who then rejects him for a girl. Check it out.

tokyohoopstars said...

Hey Philo thanks for the awesomeness you inspire us daily!
I had read something about it being a cover...what a true rocker in so many ways! Big love to Plastic!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx