12.25.2007

Day 1 - Fog

Today is the beginning of the fasting phase of my detox. For the last three days I have been able to nibble on bits and pieces of raw and veg food but today it all became a whole lot more serious.

It has been an interesting day. A day without my regular morning espresso, I only have one a day but it really does make a difference. So I slept and slept and slept until about midday when I was awoken with the mind and body jolt of someone throwing a hard basketball into the middle of my back. Thankfully this was just a dream but a very real one. How amazing that the universe should feel the need to bounce me out of bed, literally. If it wasn't for that I may still be there.

It is not that I don't have any energy it simply feels like there is a fog surrounding me. I can't help but think that this is a detox fog, a life time of sugars and toxins starting to find another home.

My addiction to sugar is a fairly standard one. Like many people living in big cities, sugar has been a good friend. It has picked me up when I was down, got body levels pumping and tickled my taste buds no end. While I don't want to be friends anymore I can't stop thinking about my old pal today. Looking forward to the sugar fog lifting tomorrow and kicking into overdrive with my hooping and big projects for the new year.

To all of your who celebrate this time of year I wish you warmth, love and joy. Make everyday a celebration!

No comments: